Get Custom Medicine To Better Treat What Ails You: Compounding Pharmacy Columbia SC
Commercial medicine is limited to what’s available in a box. Your local compounding pharmacy thinks outside of the box and makes personalized medicine.
Custom Dosages, Flavored Medicines, Topical Formulations, Hypo-Allergenic Options, and More
Compounding pharmacies take the active ingredients of the prescription drugs that you need and create custom medication that is formulated just for you. Whether you have allergies or your child needs a liquid form of a medication which is only commercially offered in tablets, we have a solution for you and your family.
The Benefits Of A Community Compounding Pharmacy
Medicine For Children
If you’re tired and frustrated with the process of giving your child a pill or bitter tasting medicine, compounded medicated flavored syrups are the solution. Since all compounded drugs are custom made, the dosage will be tailored perfectly to your child’s age and weight.
Commercially available fertility treatments for men and women are often limited to a narrow range of options and dosages. To get the desired results without serious side effects, fertility treatments benefit from the carefully calibrated dosing which only compounding can provide.
Hard To Find Medication
If you find out that the medication that most effectively treats your condition has been discontinued by the manufacturer or is no longer available in your area, compounding is often a great solution. Our compounding pharmacists can create medication suited to your unique needs.
Hospice Patient Care
Palliative care can be complicated by diseases which make swallowing difficult - rendering the most common form of medicine, pills, all but useless. We can formulate medicine into powders, sublingual tablets, and more to allow care to continue even in extremis.
From binders to dyes to preservatives, prescription drugs contain more than active ingredients. If you have severe allergies, sensitivities, or a ketogenic diet these may result in unwanted side-effects. We can compound medicine without additives, talk to your pharmacist to learn more!
Compounded medicines are great for older adults as we have formulations which are easier on the digestive system, easier to swallow, or even custom dosages to match what your doctor recommends without the need for splitting pills! Talk to our pharmacists to see how we can help.
Hormone Replacement Therapy
HRT patients have historically used medicines intended for a wide range of purposes, and thus rarely have been able to get their medicine in the proper dosages. Working with your doctor, our compounding pharmacists are able to formulate custom dosages which better fit your body.
Athletes place unique demands on their bodies and can benefit from compounded medicine. Oral anti-inflammatories can irritate the digestive system, while compounded creams and transdermal gels target pain right at the source. Personalized medicine helps you perform your best!
Chronic Diseases & Pain Management
People with chronic diseases and pain often are reliant on prescriptions to treat their conditions. Commercial drugs may have unwanted side effects or require the chore of pill-splitting to get correct dosages. Compounded options can reduce side effects and ensure every pill is the right dose you need.
Administering medications to your pet is always a challenge. Between the extra trips to the vet, limited dosages, and the unenviable task of convincing them to swallow a pill, the whole process is a chore. Our compounded medications offer custom dosages and easy-to-administer formulations.
Why Choose Lake Murray Drug Co’s Compounding Services?
- Between work, school, and life, it can feel impossible to make it to the pharmacy before it closes; that’s why our locations are open weekdays Monday-Friday until 7pm and Saturdays until 2pm!
- Can’t make it in? We deliver!
- Want to visit less often? We synchronize prescriptions!
- Our pharmacy staff have over 125 years of combined experience.
- We stay on top of the latest health news to better serve our community.
- Our locations are staffed by knowledgeable pharmacists and pharmacy technicians, which means you’ll always be able to talk to someone who cares about your healthcare and wellness needs.
Solutions Tailored For You & Your Family
- We are a compounding pharmacy! We offer custom dosages for hormone replacement, hard-to-find medications, flavored medicine, preservative & dye free, sugar-free & ketogenic, and even options for pets!
- We package medication! Stop juggling a dozen bottles and move to our Dispill packaging.
- We administer vaccines with no appointment needed. Walk-ins welcome!
- Hepatitis A & B
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Whooping Cough (Tdap and DTaP)
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- And more - just ask to speak with your pharmacist!
People Come First
- We are here to serve you - however that looks for you! Need someone to talk to? We’re here to listen. Need to grab your medicine and run? We’ll be ready so you can be on your way!
- Insurance is complicated - but treating people with respect and dignity isn’t. We’re happy to discuss your options with you and see how we can best fill your prescriptions.
Service With a Smile
When you’re used to overworked, understaffed pharmacies it's easy to come in with low expectations. We don’t see why it has to be that way, and that’s why we run our stores differently. See what folks say about filling prescriptions with us:
About Lake Murray Drug Co.
At Lake Murray Drug Co our first priority is serving our local community. To accomplish this, you’ll notice that we have more staff than you might be used to at the national pharmacy chains, and this is just the first step towards providing you with a better experience.
We go further by providing services you might not have even known that pharmacies could offer, like pill packaging, compounding, pet medicines, smiling employees, and delivery. Lake Murray Drug Co offers small-town charm plus modern pharmacy services. Come in and experience the difference.