Stay Up To Date On Vaccines Without a Trip to The Doctor’s Office
Immunizations are an essential part of public health initiatives and keep you, your family, and your community healthy.
Lake Murray Drug Co provides modern pharmacy services, including vaccine administration, with small-town charm. Come in and feel like part of the community
Need a Vaccination? We’ve Got You Covered!
Did you know it isn’t necessary to go to the doctor for most routine vaccinations? Our pharmacists are trained in administering vaccines, and can provide immunization information and answer your questions about vaccine safety. Together we can keep our families and community safe.
Our Walk-In Immunization Services
We strive to keep most or all of the following vaccines in stock in order to best serve our local community. Walk-ins are welcome, no appointments needed, and all vaccinations are administered by one of our licensed pharmacists.
Whether you’re getting your first or are fully vaccinated and are staying up to date with the newest booster, we’ve got you covered. Covid vaccinations have been shown to be a safe and effective way to keep you and your family safe!
Hepatitis A & B Vaccine
Hepatitis A & Hepatitis B are common, yet preventable, illnesses that can cause irreversible liver damage. HepA can be spread through contaminated food, while HepB is spread through contact with blood. Protect yourself and family today.
Influenza Vaccine (Flu)
While Covid may have overshadowed the flu in recent years, the flu is still a potentially deadly infectious disease that is easily prevented. The flu evolves rapidly, which means that the CDC recommends annual vaccinations for individuals 6 months of age and up.
The pneumococcal vaccine is an important vaccine that protects against a type of Streptococcus bacteria. There are several variants of this vaccine, some of which are part of childhood immunization schedules, while others are recommended for at-risk adults and older adults.
Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Whooping Cough Vaccine
The Tdap and DTaP vaccines protect against three severe diseases: tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis (also known as whooping cough). For young children this vaccine works best when administered as a series, while adult immunization for tetanus is recommended every 10 years.
Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
Shingles is a painful infection that can cause long-lasting nerve pain, but is preventable with a series of two shots. This vaccination is recommended for adults 50 years of age and up or younger adults who have compromised immune systems.
Don't See The Vaccine You Want? See If We Can Order It!
Why Choose Lake Murray Drug Co. for Immunizations?
- Between work, school, and life, it can feel impossible to make it to the pharmacy before it closes; that’s why our locations are open weekdays until 7pm and Saturdays until 2pm!
- We keep the most common vaccines in stock and welcome walk-ins.
- Our pharmacy staff have over 125 years of combined experience.
- We stay on top of the latest health news to better serve our community.
- Our locations are staffed by knowledgeable pharmacists and pharmacy technicians, which means you’ll always be able to talk to someone who cares about your healthcare and wellness needs.
Solutions Tailored For You & Your Family
- We are a compounding pharmacy! We offer custom dosages for hormone replacement, hard-to-find medications, flavored medicine, preservative & dye free, sugar-free & ketogenic, and even options for pets!
- We package medication! Stop juggling a dozen bottles and move to our Dispill packaging.
People Come First
- We are here to serve you - however that looks for you! Need someone to talk to? We’re here to listen. Need to grab your medicine and run? We’ll be ready so you can be on your way!
- Insurance is complicated - but treating people with respect and dignity isn’t. We’re happy to discuss your options with you and see how we can best fill your prescriptions.
- For every vaccination administered we donate $3 to Sharing God’s Love (Irmo) or WeCare (Chapin), charitable organizations which help struggling local families get food, clothing, pay for utility bills, and more.
Service With a Smile
When you’re used to overworked, understaffed pharmacies it's easy to come in with low expectations. We don’t see why it has to be that way, and that’s why we run our stores differently. See what folks say about filling prescriptions with us:
People Come First
At Lake Murray Drug Co our first priority is serving our local community. To accomplish this, you’ll notice that we have more staff than you might be used to at the national pharmacy chains, and this is just the first step towards providing you with a better experience.
We go further by providing services you might not have even known that pharmacies could offer, like pill packaging, compounding, pet medicines, smiling employees, and delivery. Lake Murray Drug Co offers small-town charm plus modern pharmacy services. Come in and experience the difference.